CHENNAI : The National Confederation of Human Rights Organizations (NCHRO) hosted a Two-day Human Rights Workshop for Activists. NCHRO chairperson Prof. A. Marx inaugurated the workshop held at Madras Reporters Guild, Chepauk , Chennai on 30 and 31 July 2016.
About 60 people, including Human Rights Activists, Volunteers and Lawyers participated in the workshop. Ibrahim Badusha, Vice-President, NCHRO – Tamilnadu Chapter was the overall in-charge of the workshop.
Adv. Shajahan, General Secretary, NCHRO – Tamilnadu Chapter opened the workshop by welcoming everyone and thanked them for their attendance.
The topics covered in the workshop were:-
1) Human Rights Situation in India and Need of Human Rights Activism by Adv. Bhavani Ba. Mohan, State President, NCHRO, Tamilnadu Chapter.
2) UDHR and International Human Rights Conventions by Reny Ayline, National Secretary, NCHRO (Translation by Tanveer).
3) FIR to Trial: Procedures and Documentation in Regular Penal and Draconian laws by Adv. Bhavani Ba. Mohan, State President, NCHRO, Tamilnadu Chapter.
4) Documenting Human Rights Violations and the illegal Practices of the Police against Citizens by Mrs. Krishnaveni, Rights Activist, Chennai.
5) Fact Finding Modalities by Prof. A. Marx, Chairperson, NCHRO.
6) Defending Women’s Rights and Domestic Violation Act by Adv. Rajni, PUHR, Madurai.
7) Media and Human Rights by Mr. Peer Mohamed, Senior Journalist, Chennai.
8) Effective use of RTI by Adv. A. Mohamed Yusuf, Madurai.
9) Human Rights Laws in India and National & International Human Rights Organizations - How to Approach them by Adv. Karunanithi, Human Rights Activist, Madurai.
10) How to be a Firm and Steadfast Defender of Human Rights by Adv. K.P. Mohamed Sheriff, Vice-Chairperson, NCHRO (Translation by Adv. Alaudeen ).
11) Assignments to the Participants - Adv. A. Mohamed Yusuf.
12) Conclusion- M. Mohamed Shaik Ansari State General Secretary, Popular Front of India, Tamilnadu.