NCHRO Tamil Nadu
Implement the recommendations of All India Human Rights Bodies’ Fact Finding Report regarding Paramakkudi Police Firing on Dalits
NCHRO State Committee Urges Tamilnadu State Govt.
The State Committee meeting of NCHRO Tamilnadu Chapter (National Confederation of Human Rights Organisations) was held at Madurai on Saturday (24.9.11). The meeting was presided by Vice-President M.G.K. Nizamuddin, Ex. M.L.A.. NCHRO National Co-Ordinater Reny Ayline inaugurated the meeting and General Secretary Adv. A. Mohamed Yusuff submitted the working report. The following resolutions were adopted in the meeting.
1. NCHRO Tamilnadu Chapter was extended to Pondicherry and it is decided to function as Tamilnadu & Pondicherry Chapter. Adv. A. Syed Abdul Kather, practicing at Madras High Court was elected as State P.R.O. and Adv. Naufal practicing at Coimbatore District was elected as Joint-Secretary. Law Students (Madurai Govt. Law College) Raja Mohamed and Faizal are elected as State Committee members.
2. It is decided to conduct a Signature Campaign against Death Penalty of (Rajiv Case Convicts) Perarivalan, Murugan, Sandhan.
3. In the name of development agricultural lands of the poor people are occupied and using for the benefit rich people and MNCs. In the name of urbanization the same thing is followed by the government machineries. Downtrodden are the real victims of these fake developments. It is decided to conduct an Awareness Campaign on Development and Displacement.
4. It is decided to conduct a Campaign against the ecological problems and multifaceted health disorder in the fishermen villages at Nagapttinam including Nagore and Pattinacherry due to the importing of Coal at Vanjur in Karaikal Marg Port. We urge the Central and State governments to stop importing coal which is the silent killer of the poor masses.
5. Not only supporting the Statehood of Palastine, India should use all its influence among the world countries for Palastine to get its full fledged recognition and dignity.
6. This meeting demands the State govt. to implement the recommendations of All India Human
Rights Bodies Fact Finding Report coordinated by NCHRO and PUHR led by Prof. A. Marx,
regarding Paramakkudi Police Firing on Dalits.
Adv. A. Mohamed Yusuff
NCHRO - Tamilnadu